1. Energy Efficiency
- A Solar Thermal System will reduce energy consumption by 8 – 12 kWh per day.
- It cost approximately R 25 000 per unit – depending on type and capacity.
2. Load Shedding Back-up
- A battery/inverter backup system to supply electricity for LED lights, TV, decoder, personal computer, garage door and security for 4 hours will cost approximately R 25 000.
- This backup system will, however not by ideal for future upgrade with PV panels and MrSola do not supply this category of product.
- A back-up system that can be converted to a quality PV installation costs approximately R 80 000 for a 5 kW system.
3. Solar PV
- A grid-tie Solar PV installation with 3.6 kW panel array and 5 kW inverter will cost approximately R 95 000 (VAT incl.).
- This system will not have any backup for electricity when the sun is not shining.
- A hybrid system with a 4.8 kWh battery bank, will cost approximately R 135 000 (VAT incl.). A yield of approximately 18 kWh per day can be expected.
4. Going off-grid
- The cost of going off-grid will start from R 250 000 upwards.